Sunday, July 5, 2015

Craftroom Update

Hey Cricutjunkies,

I recently updated my craft room so I thought this was a great opportunity to join Show us your Craft room Blog Hop at Doubleclick - AKA Abusybee. They are introducing the new Skittles Design Team members and showing their craft space. Stop by and pick up some blog candy.

This is my updated Craft room. See June 9th blog post for the before pictures and video. My craft space is now very functional, organized and clutter free.

This is truly my Happy Place.

This is the view when you walk into my 120 sq ft Craft room.
New paint color and laminate flooring was the biggest change.
I re-purposed my furniture by trading with my daughter and using what I already had.
Most of my furniture is from IKEA with the exception of the cubes from Michael's. 

Computer and Explore station.
 Printer is no longer under my desk it has a home.
 

My Craft Desk
I stacked the two shelves that were standing up on the side of my Expedit. My husband attached them together in the back, added the table top and now I have 10 cubbies instead of 8 and the desk is 37" instead of  35" tall. He also drilled 2 holes for the cords and to make it fit flush against the wall. 


Closet 
 I removed the closet doors, put the Michael's cubes on rollers now I roll my paper cubes to my desk.  My embellishment center and shelf below has not changed much however I condensed my 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads down to one shelf and my cuttlebug folders down to one bin.
I find it easier to keep like items in bins or jars that way I can bring to my desk if needed. 

 I added a peg board to hang embellishments that are still in their package, now I can see what I have before buying new ones.
The polka dot bin is from IKEA but I bought it at Good will for $5.00 and added the polka dot paper for a little decoration. 

Ink pad storage is an old cassette holder that I bought for $2.00 at Good will. I spray painted it white and use it to hold Ink pads, ribbon and Misc items. It is very functional and I don't have to leave my desk to look for an ink pad. 

Desk Top Essentials
OTT lites, I lucked up and found them on clearance at Michael's for $25.00 and I used a 20% off clearance coupon. Heat gun holder is a paperclip holder from the dollar store it works great because it is magnetic and green. My other essentials are stamp scratch paper, various types of glue, frequently used pens and Most Important a PROJECT. 


My apologies for such a long post, hope you enjoy,

12 comments:

  1. WoWzer!! Love this green with the black and white polka dot pattern! what a great space, love all your storage, basket and containers! Having hardwood floors makes a huge difference, so much easier to sweep up the little scraps of paper! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...really where do I start! This is one over the top FABULOUS craft space. Lime green is in my top 2 favorite colors and it looks simply amazing on your walls. And you are as neat and organized as can be....love all your beautiful white furniture too, just so fun! I would love to come and hang out in you fabulous room! Thanks so much for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles - Kim Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, little glitch on my previous comment. But I love your space! Can I move in? Pretty please, can I? Haha. So colorful and inviting and I love the wall quote! Thanks so much for linking up to the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    Terri ~ DoubleClick Skittles Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, Adore your room color so happy so fun! Love your organized closet that is the last spot in my room that I need to tackle. Thanks for sharing. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci! Thanks for dropping by to see my space and leave me such a nice comment! Yes I do have a lot of paper and I seem to never have exactly what I'm looking for! LOL... I really loved seeing your before and after pictures. I looked down and watched your U Tube video! Your space is very inviting and I can see that you will create many wonderful new things in your new space! Great change to laminate floors, I have them in my craft room as well and they make it so much easier for clean up! I'm following you as well now!!!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scraproom! I love how organized and functional everything is! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm your newest follower too and looking forward to more inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow.... What an incredible craft room! I'd never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful, cheerful room. I love the black, white and green color combo. A place for everything and it is so neat and tidy. I want to come and play there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love the green and polka dotted pattern together! So colorful and such a happy space! Thank you for joining the Doubleclick Skittles challenge! Design Team Member - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I'm so impressed by your room and your talent. It looks so enjoyable. I can't wait to get home so you can teach me a thing or two. Love you much! Shawn P-J

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from other Cricutjunkies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...http://cricutjunkiecreations.blogspot.com/